Sunday, June 18, 2017

Game Thread: Cubs vs. Pirates



Live MLB Scoreboard can be found here
.


*A very Happy Father's Day to all you dad's here. Hope you enjoy your special day! 

It's supposed to be in the mid 70's here, thank goodness! We need a break from the heat. My dad and I plan on watching the game on our screened in patio while I cook him lunch on the charcoal grill. Sorry, no gas grills allowed here, I prefer the real deal. I am looking forward to it.

Here's a question - and I hope you will share today. What is your favorite baseball memory with your Dad? Or, do you have a favorite baseball memory to share about a time with your son or daughter? Whether it's as a child or a father, or both, please share, if you wish!  Today is a special day for many.


I'll go first... Easily, my my favorite baseball memory/memories with my dad, include my brother, and attending baseball games at PNC Park in Pittsburgh for 10 straight years. Hopefully, this is year 11. It doesn't get any better! As a child, I never dreamed of seeing a game in Pittsburgh. It's very special to me. 



Cubs

1. Anthony Rizzo (L) 1B
2. Ian Happ (S) 2B
3. Willson Contreras (R) C
4. Jason Heyward (L) RF
5. Albert Almora Jr. (R) CF
6. Tommy La Stella (L) 3B
7. Javier Baez (R) SS
8. John Lackey (R) P
9. Jon Jay (L) LF

Pirates

1. Adam Frazier (L) LF
2. Josh Harrison (R) 2B
3. Gregory Polanco (L) RF
4. David Freese (R) 3B
5. Josh Bell (S) 1B
6. Andrew McCutchen (R) CF
7. Elias Diaz (R) C
8. Jordy Mercer (R) SS
9. Jameson Taillon (R) P